Monday, November 06, 2006

Its not about the bike!!!

He came, he cramped, he conquered.

Lance Armstrong ran his first marathon and he did it in 2:59:36 !!!!! Wow. He had set himself a goal of under 3 hours. He was paced through his run by two former marathon champions. Doing it under 3 hours would be a dream for me, especially in the shape I'm in :-)

Well the Mumbai Marathon is on Jan 21st 2007. I registered for it yesterday. Why so early... Well I ran the Bangalore full marathon and wanted to run the Delhi Half Marathon but registered too late. So didn't wanna miss the Mumbai one and registered well in advance :-)

Yet to receive a confirmation of the same. I have set a goal of 4 hours 30 minutes for myself considering that I finished my first marathon in 5 hours 11 minutes. A tough goal for an average runner I think. Getting under 4 hours would be nice but definately undoable at this point. Maybe someday that will happen too... hmmmm....


Important dates to remember :
Race Day Sunday, January 21, 2007
Online Registration Start Date Saturday, November 4, 2006
Registration Start Date for other entry modes Thursday, November 9, 2006
Registration End Date Thursday, December 7, 2006 or as soon as running places for each race are full, whichever is earlier.
Collection of Running Number Bibs & Goodie Bags January 17 - 20, 2007

3 comments:

Gaurav said...

Hey Alice ! All the best for the Mumbai Marathon !
A friend of mine has completed the Mumbai Marathon for the last 2 years .... it seems they started the full marathon late last year and some ppl had issues with the humidity.

Alistair D'souza said...

thanks :-) still hafta start practice though....

Vaidehi Dongre said...

u write well alistair! all the best for the marathon..i wish i cud run for 1 km!