Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Ai Bang Mai Ni

It was the year of the hidden tiger and the crouching dragon, and as the Japanese saying goes, 'Ai Bang Mai Ni'. Yes, yes... it was a Japanese haiku moment; pure poetry, in 3 lines, with its 12 phonetic units and that huge leap after the second line, where the mind must catch up, creating a sensation of space. And then that zen-like realization of the ultimate truth!!!!!! that Aha moment!!! that moment's experience with God!!!! A Zen master has said that if you write 5 haiku in your life you are a haiku writer, and if you write 10 you are a master. My first humble attempt is below.

Hao Yu Dry Wing
Ai Bang Mai Ni
Dum Gai

It was both our faults, for which I took the brunt of the impact. He turned suddenly without giving an indication as a bit of speed and a wet road made my impulses try to avoid him, turn sideways and skid. My knee was swollen, with a purple haze; and so I got a bit worried as my mountain biking expedition is approaching. I visited the orthopedic the next day as he poked and pulled for 3.1415926535897932384 minutes; charged me a humongous amount and then broke the news to me in haiku form

It Wa King Fine
No Pah Blem
Yu Go Nao

Yippieee, I jumped with glee as they poked me with a tetanus injection.

7 comments:

Ree said...

There's a fine line between genius and insanity! This says it all!

Alistair D'souza said...

I asked Dhruv to read it when I first wrote it.... he was concentrating on figuring out how to pronounce it and didn't get it the first time... thought it was in some foreign language :-) although anyone who heard him read it would understand it :-)

Nitin said...

I thot it was some foreign language however ur comment helped me decipher the stuff

"Dum Gai" whatz this ?

Goli said...

Sabhash... that was cool ways to write Haiku... I loved it...

:D

Vaidehi Dongre said...

:)i am back to blogging after a short hiatus.

Chipper said...

I'm finally back blogging! By the way, do you have a myspace account?

Alistair D'souza said...

@ vaidehi
welcome back :-)

@ etchen...
don't have a myspace account..