Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Baby's day out

I'm an uncle :-) My sister natasha delivered a baby boy today early morning..... 7+ pounds, nice and chubby... It was 3:35 am sydney time… yesterday night my time... 11 ish… So I'm wondering if we should celebrate "Baby's Day Out" on the 17th or the 18th of Oct.

Natasha started inducing labor 17 hours before that with the help of some drips... Was on the phone whole day yesterday before the delivery…. Started from early morning… my BIL Kyron called me up at 6 am and told me, "Anytime soon!!!"… throughout the day was calling up delhi, pune, nagpur, sydney…. Everyone scattered everywhere….. Phones are nice little gadgets... had to wait till 11 pm…

finally it boiled down to forceps or a caesarian... the latter winning by a knife's edge....

I must remember to wish my sis Natasha on May 1st :-) For the uninitiated its 'labour' day :-) 17 hours!!!!!

btw... mother and child are doing fine.... i.e. my mother :-)
The little chap was making funny faces….

Who does he look like… well news from the front is that he looked like my other sister sonali at first….. then he had chinky eyes like me (when I was young) this morning…. Maybe my cheeks were too fat and they pushed up against my eyes…

My mom tells me I was 7++ pounds when I touched ground…. And then the nurses forgot to clean me properly and left some placenta on me… then there were ants all over me…. When I was 3-4 ish I walked into an ant hill in pune and stood there… and ants bit me everywhere…. did I mention RED ants!!! all over my body!!! I must tell you its not a nice feeling… I thought it was sand or maybe I just followed that little girl in it :-) well what can I say, some learn young!!! the things I did… can’t remember my motives but I’m sure they were just :-) well to think of it, it was cute, in a juvenile sort of way :-) Cute!!!! Nope!!! Juvenile!!! YES!!! I spent 2-3 weeks after that with these big red itchy patches all over my body… hmmm… well as I said, some learn young!!!

No comments: