Tuesday, February 07, 2012

Thats me in the corner; losing my religion.


I rest my head against the ground and plug in to the earth- and it tells me it’s secrets.

The background noise fades, the internal voices are quieted, and breathing slows down and fills the moment. I am transported to a new place. Here, my rational world is rendered irrational & senseless; perspective reaches new heights and wisdom rears its wondrous head. In this place, the things that truly matter in the larger scheme of things- take center stage and the rest are just a blur in the background- career, entertainment, the stock market- even the very things that I think are important to me and define who I am- none of it really matters. It’s a dream we live in- which passes in a blink of the universal eye; so precious and yet so flitting and frivolously lived. We are given such precious gifts and we don’t even know it; we are capable of so much as a race. We pay more attention (for example)- at signing petitions for not cutting a tree, at being vegetarian, but often walk past a starving/troubled human being without a second glance. We have lost our way and most of the time, don’t even know it.

I rest my head against the ground and plug in to the earth- and it tells me its secrets- if only we would listen.

-- thoughts of a friend

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was more than happy to discover this website.
I wanted to thank you for ones time just for this fantastic
read!! I definitely appreciated every bit of it and I have you book marked to check out new information on your website.



Visit my site: relationship advice chat room