Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Almost famous

We were told that the show 'Click Online' which airs on BBC was coming to Impulsesoft to capture what we do. Their program showcases the latest technology and cool gadgets across the world. I've seen it on BBC and its really cool... We were told that the 2 ppl were chosen internally by a draw of lots.... The two people were Dipti and Sachin. Damn I was almost famous!!!!!

However I could always try to hang out somewhere near her place.... Or near the hardware guys place where I can talk about piezoelectric effects and groundbounce or run in with a h/w board yelling, "My ground is floating" :-) So if you see some guy smiling his heart out in the background... thats me...

How they came across us... well they asked some ppl about Indian companies that are working on cool gadgets and cutting edge technologies and our name came up :-)

9:30am - Live update
Heard Shekar (the chairman) telling Dan Simmons about the reasons behind choosing the quaint house for an office.... the typical startup types of story... 6-7 ppl working out of a house abt 5 yrs back... then we needed a bigger place and came here... also we wanted something inbetween... not a typical office type of setup..

10:00am
Right now they are shooting Dipti and Sachin coming into the office on bikes... from all angles and stuff... man I want to make a movie now !!!!! I just want to direct something.... maybe I can direct the ads for some products :-)

10:30am - The realisation
Our customers (for the team I am in) had asked us not to reveal anything to BBC abt them. So they won't even enter our room... When will the real product developers be asked to please stand up. Maybe our team was also not included in the draw of lots ... sob sob... Damn... I'm moving shop to the cafeteria...

More updates!!!! LIVE!!!

10:45am
I mucked into a meeting which Dipti was supposed to be having with her colleagues. Well two of her actual colleagues had not come in yet.... good for me :-) Dan said that they won't play the voice so we just had to talk about something..... So we had this very psychological discussion on beeps and leds and user indication/intuition :-) Man... I 've never enjoyed a conf call so much. After that we had to move out of the room one by one.... we did it about 5-6 times.

maybe they will have a dance sequence next I thought to myself :-) I can choreograph....

Yet some more updates!!!! LIVE!!!!

well the dance sequence didn't happen.... sob sob....
But they shot me playing some TT while 3 others had some discussion in the background... the camera man was very impressed with the ball... he also took out a shot with the camera lens parallel to the board like the one I took out lying flat on the road (its there in my motocycling diaries).... but this time there were no vehicles coming head on from behind the curve!!!..... anyways he took a lot of shots of the ball just rolling, waxing and waning thru its path. When it fell he asked me to keep quite.. And then he filmed the noise of the bouncing till it died out... he smiled to himself as if listening to his best music...

They also took out stuff of them working at their desks playing around with some naked h/w boards... at Sachin's (the h/w guy) place it was more like ER with the doc diagnosing his patient.... I (well the marketing manager too) had set up this understanding with Dipti when I was to call/sms her to get our Dick Tracy watch demo into the flow of the program :-) The guy was like,"James Bond watch..... Now I'm too confused". I do not want to rearrange events to make my case look stronger but I guess he was tired... cause he had just been hit with some other bluetooth demos before that...

Then came volleyball.... They said they would take some shots of us beating the crap out of Sachin.... A lot of extras came :-).... They were still shooting interviews of Dipti and Sachin... The ball went over the fence twice and into nala.... The first time it cost us 5 bucks... the second time well the kid had just figured out the art of negotiating.... 15 bucks... damn.. We waited some more but they didn't turn up.... Dipti why do you talk so much?????!!!!!!

Back at office the camera man seemed to be amused with our bronze bell... we ring it whenever we get any sales deal.... music to our ears.... he was shooting this yawning thing where Sachin was to stretch his hand up as if trying to ring the bell .. then actually show that the intention was actiually to stretch out and yawn and walk away... he was just fooling around...

they shot about 4 hours which they said would boil down to about 4-5 mins.... I wonder what my boiling point is and if I would vaporise in the process... it would be aired about 2-3 weeks from now....

Bangalore se Dan Simmons ke saath, Alistair D'souza. Aaj tak.

btw ... didn't do any work :-) shushhhhhh!!!!!!

No comments: