Sunday, October 02, 2005

The emperor's new clothes

Moved house on saturday. Was planning to do it next week but then suddenly Ayush called me up and we moved. It was damn tiring. I had slept at 3am that day cause I was writing a poem (for a game) for our friends and family day to be held on Sunday. And to add to it my maid woke me up at 6:30. so basically I gymed, set up stuff for the demos the next day, made releases for work and shifted house. As I already mentioned it was damn tiring.

Then suddenly I decided to do some shopping. Don't know why :-) As I said I went shopping at 'Bangalore Central' since I was in the vicinity. I had gone to HSBC for some work but the bank was closed and so I went shopping or more like window shopping. So I'm like looking around for jeans and one of the sales guy comes up to help me. I tell him that I'm just looking around and that I don't need his help. Then this sales girl comes up to help me and I tell her the same thing. So I'm finally picking up jeans to try out. I'm just picking up colors I like. The sales guy comes back. I tell him to give me sizes 32 and 34. He looks thru the stuff and picks it up for me. I take about 4 jeans and go to try them on. I'm in the changing room trying out stuff wondering why the things don't fit that well. It was a bit loose at the sides too. One was some comfort fit and another a boot cut fit. Hmmm I just looked for colors and forgot about the fit and stuff. Well I was tired. I tried on the other ones and they seemed to fit a bit better. Decided to come out and looked in the bigger mirror. There were some ppl waiting to enter to try out stuff. including a girl.. then I go back in and decide and I don't want to buy them....

Finally I look at one of the label on the jeans where it says its a 'girls' comfort fit... "Damn that sales guy gave me a girls's jeans!!!".... I look at the other labels... all were girls jeans... "Ooooh my God!!!!" now I'm like cursing myself.... I go out and take the stuff to keep it back....the ppl were still waiting to go into the changing room. I start to wonder if they noticed the label. I go to the rack when I picked up the stuff and I look up.... Damn it was the girls section.... I didn't even notice that. The guys section was like just next to it... so I sheepishly look around and drop the jeans and walk (tried to run) away totally embarrased... Gawd :-)..... The sales ppl must have had a good laugh... so looking at the bright side maybe I made some ppl laugh yesterday...

1 comment:

Chipper said...

Thanks for the morning laugh--I have shopped in the men's dept before and wondered why my butt didn't fit into any pair. It's great that you can just laugh at all of it! better luck shopping next time! ;-)